After seeing the brutal crackdown of the youth protest in Sri Lanka by the Ranil government, Socialist Students has expressed solidarity with the protestors in Sri Lanka and launched Solidarity with the struggle in Sri Lanka campaign.
Socialist Students is an organisation consisting of students from universities, colleges and and schools across the UK, where they mobilise students to defend education, fight war and racism and to campaign on a wide range of other issues relevant to their members.
As part of the campaign, Socialist Students is holding a series of public meetings on ‘Where next for the revolutionary struggle in Sri Lanka?’ Attend and listen to the first hand experience of one of the Sri Lankan protestors who has been on the forefront of the struggle. Events are held throughout the country, locations include:
- Southampton – Wednesday 30 November, 6pm
- Nottingham – Thursday 1 December, 7pm
- Coventry – Thursday 1 December, 6pm
- Leicester – Monday 5 December, 6pm
- Sheffield – Tuesday 6 December, 5pm
- Leeds – Wednesday 7 December, 5.30 pm
- Swansea – Wednesday 7 December, time TBC
- Bristol – Thursday 8 December, 7pm
So Click Here to find the details for your closest event.
Click Here to sign the petition demanding the Sri Lankan government end the brutal attacks on protesting students and workers .