Tamil solidarity will be protesting outside the Sri Lankan High Commission on the 4th of February from 12 – 3pm.
Join us to protest against the Sri Lankan government’s hypocrisy in celebrating its 71st year independence whilst denying the rights of the oppressed and poor.
- Release all political prisoners
- We demand an independent war crimes investigation.
- Where are the missing people? We need to know, what happened to each and every one of them.
- Give back all the land occupied by the military and government authorities.
- We demand Rs.1000 rupees basic daily wage for plantation workers.
- Support and stand in solidarity with the people of Mullaitivu, Vavuniya and Mannar district who have started a fast protest demanding the military to release the occupied lands
- Hold the Sri Lankan government responsible on its failed promises
- Defend the right to self-determination of the Tamil-speaking people.